We provide consulting services for building enclosure rehabilitation. These rehabilitation projects may include:
- Replacement of windows/doors.
- Re-waterproofing of balconies and decks.
- Re-waterproofing of podiums (the roof slab above parking garages).
- Parking garage suspended slab re-waterproofing.
- Concrete restoration.
Our services typically include:
- Project Manual. We will prepare a Project Manual that will include bidding and contract requirements, specifications, and drawings that describe the rehabilitation work required.
- Tendering to Contractors. We will determine a list of contractors who we feel are suitable for the project, and confirm this list with the client. Following the close of the tender period, we will review the bids and prepare a bid summary letter.
- Field Review and Construction Contract Administration. We will prepare a contract between the Owners and the selected contractor, facilitate the application for a building permit (if required) by submitting the necessary documents to the authority having jurisdiction (including letters of assurance stamped by a Professional Engineer), provide periodic field reviews to verify that the construction is proceeding in general conformance with the contract documents, and administer the construction contract. This includes the preparation of change orders, as required, to the contract, and the review of the contactor’s invoices for general conformance with the work before forwarding the invoices to the client for payment. In addition, we will review shop drawings (e.g. for windows and doors), and conduct in-situ window/door water penetration testing if necessary.
- Project Wrap-up. At project close, we will ensure all warranties are in place and we will conduct a final review of the work. We will also submit final letters of assurance to the authority having jurisdiction so that the building permit can be closed.